Controller Display by Fred Wood
A downloadable tool for Windows
Controller Display v1.1a by Fred Wood
What is this?
- This is a small application you can run while streaming a game that will monitor xInput commands from your controller and read them out using fun skins.
How do I use it?
- There are two good ways to use this with a program like OBS, either by Chroma Key or Image Masks. I've included instructions for using the Image Masks, but there are plenty of resources online for using Chroma Keys in OBS.
Need help? Join the Discord!
How do I make the menu go away?
- As soon as you make any other window the focus, the menu at the bottom will disappear.
I don't know what color to use!
- The default color is #00FF00, which is 65280 in Decimal. To convert Hex to Decimal, I usually use this: https://www.convzone.com/hex-to-decimal/
How do I get a PS4 controller / Switch controller to work?
- The best method I've found is using an xInput wrapper such as XOutput (free). It works while the window is not focused as well, whereas Steam also requires focus to act as a wrapper.
I want X specific skin!
- Making skins takes time and effort, and while I'm happy to continue supporting this application, the best way to get in touch with me is by sending either a kind e-mail or a polite tweet. Or come ask in the Discord!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.